The Norwegian Police, the Norwegian Directorate of Fisheries, the Norwegian Labor Inspectorate, the Norwegian Directorate of Maritime Affairs, LO, Visit Tromsø, Visit Lyngenfjord and NHO Reiseliv would like to welcome everyone involved in whale watching tourism in northern Norway to a new information and dialogue meeting on Skjervøy. This is a follow-up to the meeting in Tromsø and on Skjervøy in November 2021.
The meeting is free and open for both members and none-members of the forum.
- The whale watching regulations, sanctions and joint controls
The Directorate of Fisheries, Senior Advisor Tor Johansen
- Information on safety regulations on vessels of less than 24 metres carrying 12 passengers or less
The Norwegian Maritime Authority, Brede Valanes
- "Whale watching in an animal welfare perspective"
Institute of marine Research, Senior Researcher Erik Martin Biuw
- The requirements for employment contracts and pensions, wages and working conditions
LO / Norsk Sjømannsforbund, Jeanette Gutierrez Lorentzen
- Guidelines for whale watching
How do the guidelines work - do we need any changes?
Inger-Lise Brones, Visit Tromsø-Region AS og K. Richard Paulsen, Visit Lyngenfjord AS
A small snack with coffee/tea will be served.